FOR KIDS GRADES 1ST – 6TH
Meet our Kid’s Pastors!
Kids Mosaic Pastor
Kids Mosaic Pastor
OUR PASSIONS, MISSION & CORE VALUES
- To see every child has a chance to hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ and respond to it.
- To see every child develop a deep, intimate relationship with God and His Scriptures.
- To foster growth in every child’s character through prayer, biblical instruction and encouragement.
- To create tangible opportunities for parents andtheir children to serve the world alongside each other in meaningful and impacting ways.
Dedicated to caring for families as they live by faith, encouraging families to be known by love, and equipping families to be a voice of hope.
OUR CORE VALUES
EARTH: When we’re close to God, we create for others | Creativity is the natural result of spirituality
WOOD: We obey God’s plan for us | Structure must always submit to spirit
WATER: We love others so they know Jesus | Love is the context for all mission
FIRE: Jesus is a Friend to Everyone! | Relevance to culture is not optional
WIND: God’s Spirit moves in us so the world can know Jesus! | Mission is why the church exists
WHAT HAPPENS ON SUNDAY?
Mosaic Pomona Families offers classes for children of all ages newborn through high school.
MINI MOSAIC is the name of our community for babies and preschoolers. We offer a space every age child birth through 4 years old at our 10am gathering. Our MINI MOSAIC volunteers teach the children about Jesus’ love through Christ–centered, Biblically-based curriculum that includes a Bible story, crafts and activities, songs, games, and more. MINI MOSAIC classrooms are located in the Mosaic Loft, just across the street from The Fox Theatre.
KIDS MOSAIC is the name of our community for children grades 1 through 6. Our KIDS MOSAIC programming is built around teaching your child the truths of God’s word in fun and relevant ways. Similar to the regular Mosaic gatherings, our Kids Mosaic class is a high-energy experience that includes worship music, drama sketches, Bible lessons, and interactive videos and games. The kids discuss the lesson for the day and participate in crafts and activities. The KIDS MOSAIC class is offered at the 10am gathering and is located in The Drink, next door to The Fox Theatre.
MOSAIC YOUTH FAMILY is the name of our student community for junior high and senior high kids ages 12 through 17. Our Mosaic Youth Family is a great place for your student to connect with God and others through engaging and relevant teachings and dynamic community. Each week our students are taken on a journey of unwrapping their lives through the Scriptures. The MOSAIC YOUTH FAMILY meets during the 10am gathering, and all meet in The Fox Theatre for the worship time of our adult gathering.
All Mosaic Pomona Families Volunteers are background checked and interviewed to ensure the safety of our kids.
WHERE DO I DROP OFF MY KIDS?
KIDS MOSAIC (Grades 1 – 6) meet in the Greenroom at The Glasshouse. Kids can check in at the table in the lobby and are encouraged to stay in the gathering for our worship time. After that, they will be dismissed to go to their classroom.
SICK CHILD POLICY
Babies and children being checked in to a class on Sunday should be in good health. Please consider NOT checking your child into a class on Sunday if they have any of the following symptoms or ailments:
- Flu-like symptoms
- Excessive runny nose (associated with an illness)
- Excessive Diarrhea
- Unexplained Rashes
- Pink Eye
Children who have had any of the illnesses above should be free of illnesses for at least 24 hours before checking them into a class. If a child is on antibiotics, he/she should be on for at least 24 hours prior to being checked into a class. Thank you for your understanding regarding this matter.
HOW DO I VOLUNTEER WITH MOSAIC POMONA FAMILIES?
Mosaic Pomona Families is always looking for awesome people who are willing to give of their time, energy, gifts and creativity in serving the kids and families of Mosaic Pomona. We believe that people should serve where they are passionate, and if you are passionate about seeing kids and families grow in their faith in Jesus and their love of God, then Mosaic Pomona Families is the place for you! Volunteers are asked to serve once a month at the 10am gathering.
To volunteer with Mosaic Pomona Families in any capacity, the following requirements must be agreed upon and met:
PERSONAL COMMITMENT TO GROWTH
- A vibrant relationship with Jesus
- Regular attendance of Mosaic gatherings
- Consistent times with God
- Striving to live truly wide awake in every area of life!
SUNDAY MORNING EXCELLENCE
- Punctuality to designated times according to roles and responsibilities
- Coming prepared on scheduled day
- Attends Family Ministries staff meetings and training sessions
AREAS OF TEAMWORK
- Commitment to teaming with other Family Ministries volunteers
- Developing relationships with children, families, and volunteers
- Stepping up in leadership and additional projects when possible (i.e. Easter, Christmas, Fall Carnival, etc…)
PROCESS FOR VOLUNTEERING
- APPLICATION: Our volunteer application is an extensive form that reviews basic spiritual and personal information. Also includes two character references.
- BACKGROUND CHECK: Federal and State Mandated background check is necessary for any and everyone serving with Mosaic Pomona Families.
- REFERENCED: A conversation with two references that you provide
- TRAINING: All volunteers are required to watch and be quizzed on our Safety Policies and Procedures training once a year.
Mosaic Pomona Families is committed to providing a safe and secure place where all children and youth are nurtured and protected as they explore and grow in their faith in God. Nurture and protection thrive in a supportive community of acceptance, openness and trust. Abuse and harassment are contrary to the Biblical view of Christian community. Therefore, Mosaic Pomona Families will maintain policies and procedures that will direct the reporting, investigation and intervention for issues of child abuse, harassment and sexual harassment. These procedures will be periodically reviewed to see that policies correspond to changes in both the civil law and the congregational organization.
INTERESTED IN SERVING WITH FAMILIES?
Fill out this online application, which includes a background check, reference check and ministry interview. This is the first step in serving with families at Mosaic Pomona, and it keeps out families safe and secure.